Tanco Mini Balage Wrapper
Our wrapper has arrived just in time for the upcoming season. We can cut, rake, bale, and wrap your conventional bales of balage. Talk to the lads today about balage options on your property.
There are several important steps in making balage, the first of which starts on each property. Being organised.
- Poor pasture will only make poor quality harvested feed.
- Paddocks must be clean when shut for balage or hay. i.e. Grazed out with no dead grass matter from previous seasons toppings or wasted feed left on the ground. Also any fallen branches from trees.
- Make sure your contractor is booked in. Balage is made a lot earlier than hay when the grass is at a much younger growth stage.
Advantages of Mini Balage
- Risk of harvest loss due to weather is reduced.
- Feed value of balage / haylage is much higher than hay.
- Increased opportunity to produce more feed in a season.
- Convenient size to handle.
- Can be feed out before mould sets in once opened.
- Has a higher sugar and protein content.
- Can be stored outside.